National Instruments is looking for a an experienced Mfg Hardware Services Engineer for China, with the ability to handle several challenges at the same time, excellent organizational, project management and people skills, as well as a proven track record of delivering on-site service. A successful candidate works as both a Service Engineer managing on-site service delivery, as well as project manager, building service infrastructure and capabilities within China…as is pertains to service agreements and on-site service.
- Work with Global Mfg organization to deliver Hardware Services to customers across all of China
- Work with service products to include, repair, calibration, preventative maintenance, bring-up, deployment, and troubleshooting.
- Manage all aspects of on-site service delivery, to include: customer communication, logistics, resource management, technical management, and ensure all service deliverable are met on time
- Coordinate with multiple groups internal and external groups (customer, Sales, Services, MFG Service Center, 3rd Party suppliers)
- Develop and document processes to support on-site service delivery, and customer Service Agreements
- Travel is required
- Provide technical feedback to development and R&D teams
- Work with functional managers to develop long-term action plans that address operational issues.
- Lead cross-functional project teams, prepare agendas, communicate milestones and track issue resolution.
Job Specific Knowledge: .
- Working knowledge of test and measurement products and applications
- Working knowledge of the high volume electronics manufacturing industry
- Strong knowledge of service related products and processes
- Excellent Communication and Collaboration with stake holders, employees and partners including the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Initiative to excel in a dynamic and fast paced environment and not afraid of doing “hands on” work
- Proven ability to gain consensus via mediation, facilitation, innovation, and/or leadership
- Requires full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques of project management.
Optional but desired knowledge:
- Knowledge of supply chain, import/export process, production and deployment in a global landscape (focus on China)
- Strong technical skills in the fields of test engineering, test development, electronics manufacturing or related field
- The ability to learn new technical skills quickly and proficiently
- Requires strong skills in project management, change management, problem solving, communication, customer orientation, product technology, personal effectiveness and team work.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems and software necessary to perform job function such as Lotus Notes, MS Word, Excel, Oracle.
- Strong English skills (verbal, reading and writing) are required
- Strong experience working in a service center organization with strong understanding of service related logistics and processes, and Project Management experience
- Strong experience with automated test solutions in high volume electronic manufacturing
- BS degree or equivalent in Engineering or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years directly related experience (should include project management experience).
If you are ready for an exciting career with excellent growth opportunities, please send your resume in both English and Chinese with transcript, related certificates and salary expectation to: email@example.com
Please indicate the position you are applying for.