National Instruments is seeking talented a contract translator/technical writer.
· Translate technical manuals from English to simplified Chinese.
· Create and edit product documentation according to company guidelines
· Send documentation through review and implement feedback
· English Language: Ability to clearly and concisely communicate in English (verbal and written) so that persons you work with can understand you clearly, particularly in technical conversation
· Bachelors or Masters degree in English, Technical Communication, or other major with writing-intensive component and/or science/technology emphasis
· 2+ years of professional translation experience
· 2+ years of technical writing experience
· Ability to use Adobe FrameMaker will be a plus
· Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills - must provide samples
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
· Self-directed: Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
· Ability to work effectively in a group environment
· Prefer experience writing or editing content with technical subject matter.
• Cover Letter
• 2-3 Original Translation or Technical Writing Samples in English
· Each sample should be 500-1,000 words in length, and at least one sample should be a technical procedure. For example, you might submit a how-to document for completing a task in your favorite software application. The samples may be excerpts from larger works but should be complete enough to stand on their own.