National Instruments China is seeking talented, entry-level technical writers to join the R&D organization.
Technical writers at National Instruments partner with an engineering team to develop and improve product documentation. As an NI technical writer, you write technical documentation, collaborate with content experts to develop/enhance documentation content, and work with product managers and engineers to improve the usability of documentation and products.
National Instruments is well-known for its promote-from-within philosophy. Thus, as you advance your technical writing career, you have opportunities for many new challenges, including mentoring new technical writers, managing documentation project schedules, developing and improving processes, and serving as a customer advocate.
· Create and edit English product documentation according to company guidelines, including printed materials, electronic help, and other forms of documentation.
· Send documentation through review and implement feedback
· Collaborate with content experts to learn about products
· Meet with technical communications group leaders to discuss documentation content
· Prepare information for publishing
· Evaluate industry tools and trends
· Work with project managers and engineers to improve the usability of documentation
· Troubleshoot help systems as they are integrated into products
· Research new solutions to improve existing processes
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in English, Technical Communication, or other major with English writing-intensive component and/or science/technology emphasis
· Desire to succeed in a technical writing career
· Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills - must provide samples of excellent writing skills
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
· Persistence and initiative to learn
· Strong interest in and comfortable with technology subject matter
· Prior hands-on experience working with computers (hardware and/or software)
· Ability to work effectively in a group environment
Required Application Materials
· English Resume
· English Cover Letter
· 1-2 Original English Writing Samples
· Each sample should be 500-1,000 words in length, and technical writing samples are preferred. For example, you might submit a how-to document for completing a task in your favorite software application. Or, you might submit a conceptual overview of a new technology. The samples may be excerpts from larger works but should be complete enough to stand on their own.
If you are ready for an exciting career with excellent growth opportunities, please submit your resume in both English and Chinese with your transcript （成绩单）, and related certificates at the session or email to email@example.com
Please include the position you want to apply for in your resume or email subject.
Subject Template: University - Position - Name
For more information about the campus recruiting session, please pay attention to the poster and Web site of the Career Guidance Center of your university.