The Software Technician at National Instruments works closely with the R&D department to perform testing, provide hardware and software maintenance, consultation, and recommendations about resources planning and development. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure maximum access to and implementation of internal software services and resources.
• Follow NI software release process to ensure the quality of NI Shanghai software products.
• Ensure successful execution of manual and automated test runs per test plan
• Deploy and monitor automated tests; reproduce and identify test failures
• Continually analyze test results and file bug reports for corrective action.
• Provide training and support on request about accessing software services and information.
• Research and make recommendations about potential resources and services.
• Maintenance of R&D assets including hardware, software and etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering-related major.
• Must be analytical, detail-oriented and highly organized.
• Familiar with setting up computers and able to read technical diagrams.
• Have positive and responsive attitude towards responsibilities.
• Good communication skills for interacting with software engineers.
• Understanding of programming concepts and strength in one or more programming languages are a plus.