Position Overview and Responsibilities
The National Instruments Services Team has an immediate opening for a Service Agreements Program Manager in China. The successful candidate for this position will work with a wide and diverse set of people and resources to assure that Service Agreement commitments are met and customer-facing issues are resolved timely. The primary focus will be the planning and execution of Managed Service Agreements being delivered in China. The position will be located in China, Shanghai area.
In support of these efforts, you will work closely with the following NI personnel:
- Services managers in China
- Sales Branches throughout Asia
- NI’s Global Maintenance & Hardware Services team
- NI Manufacturing in Hungary, China, and Malaysia
- Logistics and calibration providers in region
Core Job Responsibilities
- Implementation of Service Agreements
- Plan fulfillment of each Service Agreement to include detailed assessment of resources, processes, and special arrangements needed.
- Ensure smooth handoff from sales and crisp start of each new agreement.
- Supervise regional execution
- Assist in creation of Statements of Work and Service Level Agreements in support of new business.
- Monitor NI fulfillment of contract obligations and intervene as needed to assure success. Escalate issues appropriately.
- Conduct quarterly operations reviews with executive stakeholders to communicate status and issues
- Customer Management
- Work directly with customer to understand service needs, define processes, and manage delivery of services
- Measure and report against contract performance
- Process Development & Project Management
- Create and document business processes needed to successfully execute Service Agreements
- Develop standard operational models for service agreement delivery; to include roles, processes, cost models, performance metrics, and lead times.
- Document lessons learned, and assure continuous improvement of models & processes Position
- Maintain awareness of industry best practices in this area to assure NI excellence.
- Contributes as needed to various projects in the general services business
- Work Experience
- 5+ years experience in directly related field managing complex projects and/or operations in high tech industry
- Demonstrated success in managing complex global projects; high attention to detail
- 20% travel required
- BS in Engineering or Business Management; or equivalent experience
- Knowledge, Expertise, and Skills
Understanding of field service
- General understanding of technical practices in Test and Measurement instrumentation application
- Demonstrated success in customer support and/or field engineering
- Demonstrated success leading and participating in cross-functional teams
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in various circumstances; in both English and Mandarin
- Personal fit with culture of NI and the Hardware Services Team
- Demonstrated success in managing small teams
- Experience in project management
- Behavioral Traits for Success
- Flexibility and comfort with uncertainty as is normal in an emerging business area
- Interpersonal skills that enable successful cross-functional and customer interaction
- Possess strong work ethic and drive to succeed
- Attention to detail
- Self-manages time and priorities well, juggle multiple projects, and consistently meet deadlines
- Adheres to high standards of professional conduct
If you are ready for an exciting career with excellent growth opportunities, please send your resume in both English and Chinese with transcript, related certificates and salary expectation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the position you are applying for.