The National Instruments Software R&D organization has openings for talented experienced Software Engineers.
As an NI experienced Software Engineer, you will enjoy the unique opportunity to take ownership of your products and be involved in all aspects of the product development cycle. Software Engineers find that NI’s relaxed and stimulating work environment, which includes working in small feature-focused teams, fosters the type of engineering innovation that leads to our many award-winning products. Experienced Software Engineers we are now looking for have the opportunity to work on projects such as software infrastructure and frameworks, drivers, embedded and real time software, visualization graphics, development tools and etc.
If you have excellent programming skills and a desire to work with the most talented people in the industry, then we invite you to explore an experienced Software Engineer position at NI.
• Performing research as required to specify, develop or enhance your product, or to define new products
• Staying current with the state-of-the-art and cutting-edge technology and applying the latest techniques in software projects
• Carrying out and managing each step in software life cycle requirements analysis, designing, coding, and testing
• Understanding many other related products and integrating your product into the larger product line
• Mentoring junior engineers
• Diagnosing/debugging problems with your product or problems arising when your product interacts or integrates with other NI products
• Writing, reviewing and approving product documents for end users in English
• Working and interacting with a wide variety of R&D staff, as well as employees from groups including Applications Engineering, Manufacturing, and Product Marketing
• Providing technical expertise/training as needed to Applications Engineers, Product Support Engineers, Technical Writers, customers, or others who use and/or support your product
• Communicating regularly with colleagues in other countries
• Bachelor or above in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related
• 3 years or above full-time industrial-level software development experience, 1+ years experience of mentoring other engineers is preferred
• Strong understanding of these concepts and principles:
- Operating system components and design
- Computer system architecture and organization
- Data structures
- Development methodologies incl. object-oriented analysis and design
- Good software design and architecture principles
- High-level programming languages
• Demonstrated ability to:
- Work effectively with colleagues
- Design/implement complex features
- Concentrate on design and coding quality
- Mentor other engineers for technical growth
- Effectively solve problems; diagnose complex technical issues; propose viable solutions.
- Take initiative in tackling difficult issues; be a self-starter; work independently
- Persistently drive tasks/projects to successful completion
- Take ownership of goals/project schedules
- Communicate clearly-listen attentively, actively participate, & lead fast-paced technical conversations
- Quickly learn applicable technology, systems and products
- Strong work ethic and a drive to succeed
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English
• Preferred proven ability to:
- Define projects & technologies for engineering teams
- Conduct successful design & code reviews
- Facilitate making appropriate technical decisions
If you are ready for an exciting career with excellent growth opportunities, please send your resume in both English and Chinese with transcript, related certificates and salary expectation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the position you are applying for.
Please indicate GPA and the rank in your class.