National Instruments is looking for a an experienced Mfg Hardware Services Implementation Manager for China, with the ability to handle several challenges at the same time, excellent organizational, project management and people skills, as well as a proven track record of managing a repair and distribution center within China including vast understanding of inbound and outbound logistics and customs issues. A successful candidate works as a Program Manager representing Mfg to setup capabilities in the region to allow Mfg to grow its Service and Delivery business within China.
1. Work with Global Mfg leadership to design and build a plan to implement Service and Logistics capabilities within China
2. Manage the Return and Repair loop for National Instruments in and out of China, including expanding the current processes to enable the quickest most cost effective moving of goods
3. Improve on the current expectations of Chinese customers with regards Service
4. Coordinate with internal organizations (Sales, Marketing, HW/SW Engineering, Production, etc.) to ensure timely project management, process development and materials delivery in support of new order releases and repairs.
5. Develop, document and maintain all applicable Manufacturing related business processes. Develop new processes as required.
6. Work with functional managers to develop long term action plans that address operational issues.
7. Lead cross-functional teams, prepare agendas, communicate milestones and track issue resolution
8. Develop, communicate and achieve all project commitments.
9.Overcome obstacles and/or escalate as required to maintain project plan adherence.
10. Analyze and manage project milestones, communicating schedule progress and/or impacts to cross-functional project teams.
Job Specific Knowledge:
1. Excellent Communication and Collaboration with stake holders, employees and partners including the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
2. Effectively manages scope, schedule and resources with a proven track record of ROI driven project management
3. Initiative to excel in a dynamic and fast paced environment and not afraid of doing “hands on” work
4.Proven ability to gain consensus via mediation, facilitation, innovation, and/or leadership
5. Requires full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts and techniques of project management.
6. Requires knowledge of supply chain, production and deployment in a global landscape (focus on China)
7. Must be knowledgeable of Oracle ERP, shipping/customs procedures, design for excellence engineering principles, production and test, and product development processes.
8. Background in setting up Warehouse and Service Operations in China
1. Requires strong skills in project management, change management, problem solving, communication, customer orientation, product technology, personal effectiveness and team work.
2. Demonstrated ability of working with organizational leadership, Human Resource management, as well as, Quality systems and procedures.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of systems and software necessary to perform job function such as Lotus Notes, MS Word, Excel, Oracle.
4. Strong process design skills
1. BS degree or equivalent in Engineering or a related technical discipline
2. 7+ years directly related experience (should include project management experience).
3. Experience setting up both inbound and outbound logistics/customs clearance processes in and out of China
4. Experience in Repair and Reverse Logistics processes
5. Good soldering skill, certified with component soldering technique/ skill set ;
6. Be dedicated with good communication, high responsibility and good team work spirit;
7. Energy and drive to thrive in a start-up like environment , good problem solving skills, creative and innovative;
8. Familiar with NI software (Labview, Labwindows etc) is a plus.
If you are ready for an exciting career with excellent growth opportunities, please send your resume in both English and Chinese with transcript, related certificates and salary expectation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the position you are applying for.