Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The IT Intern will assist our IT Support team with providing customer service and support to end-users across a wide variety of computer hardware, software, and mobile devices in a networked environment. Under the guidance of our team, you will be responsible for troubleshooting end-user IT requests through our ticketing queue, working to identify appropriate resolution to issues or escalating as appropriate. You will also assist the team with regular hardware service, including maintenance and warranty service, to keep all end-user hardware functioning optimally. In addition, you will support the IT team with additional day-to-day operational needs and other projects or duties as assigned.
Through hands-on experience as well as observational and mentorship activities, you will have the opportunity to learn about several aspects of our IT environment, including:
- Support services management (customer service best practices, ticket escalation/de-escalation procedures, wide-scale communication practices, etc.)
- Client PC administration (enterprise level imaging, software deployment, patching, reporting, troubleshooting, and configuration tools & best practices, etc.)
- User account administration (Provisioning / deprovisioning, account permissions & auditing, and troubleshooting in a Microsoft Active Directory integrated environment)
- IT best practices (ITIL foundational concepts, project management & reporting)
Desired Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; current pursuit of a BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent technical certification strongly preferred.
- Basic familiarity with core computing concepts is required, including imaging, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows 7 & 8, Microsoft Office 2007-2010.
- General understanding of software deployment and installation, drivers and firmware, DNS, TCP/IP, file sharing in a Windows environment, and basic security principles is also required.
- General working knowledge of computer hardware such as desktops, laptops, monitors, printers, and their respective internal components (CPU, Hard Drives, RAM, motherboards, etc.).
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to a wide variety of people with different levels of computer needs and expertise.
- Attention to detail, professional written and verbal communication skills, and high-level organizational skills are a must.
- Strong desire to learn and improve own personal skill-set.
If you are ready for an exciting career with excellent growth opportunities, please send your resume in both English and Chinese with transcript, related certificates and salary expectation to: email@example.com
Please indicate the position you are applying for.
Please indicate GPA and the rank in your class.